Thank you to everyone who contributed to helping our community – one haircut at a time:
Power. Strength. Speed.
We believe that every man should have the right to acknowledge himself in this busy hectic world. We want to help you get away for a moment, relax and be reminded of the powerful man that you are. You should appreciate yourself and take care of yourself. That is why we want to help you with a few guidelines on how to take care of your skin.
Let’s start off with the basics; there are 5 skin types – normal, dry, oily, combination and sensitive. Knowing your skin type is important, and some men can have more than one skin type on different areas of the face.
We have 5 basic rules that are true for all skin types and will make sure that you give your skin all that it needs:
- H₂O – make sure to drink a lot of water. More than you think you need. Try to drink according to the 8×8 rule- 8 cups of 8 oz. of water every day (2 litres). Water will help your skin renew itself and will make sure that your body and skin can get rid of toxins, which in turn will help clear up your skin.
- Sunscreen – we know that it seems like we don’t need to worry about the sun here in Canada. We only have few months of summer! Well, your skin needs protection from UV rays all year round, even when it cloudy. Try and use sunscreen as much as you can. It’ll fight the negative effects of the UV light and will fight the accelerated ageing of your skin. Any sunscreen above 30 SPF will do the job.
- Sleep – believe us, easier said than done. But, one major thing that will help your skin regeneration is a good night’s sleep. Your body fixes itself and fights injuries at night. The longer and the better you sleep, the longer your body could mend itself. An average good night sleep is between 6-8 hours and it’ll make you feel like a winner, not just because your skin looks sharp.
- Soap and water – well, we know that’s sounds kind of obvious, but the next time you take a shower, wash your face as well. Just give it a good scrub and you are good to go. The reason for washing your face morning and night is to enable your skin to breath and clean up the night’s or day’s buildup. You’ll give your skin a good boost, and your pores will thank you. But, we also need to remember that our skin produces its own oils to protect itself. Hence, rule number 5.
- Moisturize – yes. Big word. But, after your skin has been through your work day, been in the sun, oiled up by sunscreen scrubbed of its oils in the shower (all for a good cause) your skin will be tired and dry. This way, you give your skin all the nutrients and vitamins it needs. Just buy any moisturizer that you feel comfortable with, we recommend creams with natural oils and ingredients (like coconut oils or Aloe Vera) and give your skin a protective layer to make sure it can protect you. Just use it after you washed your face (day and/or night), twice a day will make a huge change.
So, fast recap for you renaissance Men: H₂O (8 cups x 8 oz), sunscreen (30+ SPF), sleep (6 – 8 hours), water and soap and moisturize.
You are worth our time. You are worth YOUR time.
Always here for you,
Freshen up this summer!
I BARBIERI, in association with the Equal Opportunity Initiative, is proud to host another free haircut day!
I know someone who would benefit – What can I do?
Please spread the word! If you know anyone in the community who would benefit from this opportunity, let them know about this event and we’ll look forward to seeing them on June 30th!
Sunday, June 30th, 2019
Noon – 5:00 PM
As you may be aware, we’ve recently been asking you, our clients, to take a photo with us so that you too could be featured on our wall. And by ‘our’ I’m referring to all of us, because more than a business, I Barbieri strives to be a community.
“We must be the change we wish to see in the world.”
– Mahatma Gandhi
We chose this phrase as the centre-piece for the wall because it embodies our philosophy at I Barbieri – identity luckily isn’t static, people can grow into whomever they wish to become. Our aim is to impart a feeling of confidence, so that you can feel ready to face whatever challenges are ahead in your journey to becoming the change you wish to see in the world.
Always here for you,
I Barbieri team